IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE
This recall involves Hunter Brunswick ceiling fan models 52262, 52263, 54178, 54179, 54184, 54185. The model number can be found on a label on top of the motor housing. The recalled ceiling fans have three or four lights. The fans have four blades and range from 44-inches to 60-inches in blade span. They were sold in the following colors: white motor housing with white blades on one side and gray oak blades on the other side; black (natural iron) motor housing with gray oak blades on one side and aged oak blades on the other side.
Background Recall Information
Out of an abundance of caution and in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, Hunter is conducting a voluntary recall on the Brunswick ceiling fan model numbers 52262, 52263, 54178, 54179, 54184, 54185 purchased from November 2017 to May 2019.
In rare circumstances the internal wiring in the light kits of the Brunswick ceiling fan models listed below can be damaged during installation. Additionally, if the installer failed to follow Hunter’s installation instructions and did not properly connect the ceiling fan ground wires to the house ground wire, a shock hazard could be present. If the installer properly grounded the ceiling fan and the internal wiring is damaged during installation, the ceiling fan controller will fail in a safe way and there is no risk to the installer or anyone else.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ceiling fans and contact Hunter to receive a free replacement light kit.
How to determine if your fan is subject to the recall?
Please follow the steps below to determine whether your ceiling fan is subject to the recall. If affected, you should immediately stop using your affected ceiling fan and contact Hunter for a free replacement light kit.
- Verify you own one of the affected models. You can find the fan model number on the top of the motor housing, on our owner’s manual cover, and on the product carton. If a green sticker is located on top of the motor housing, your fan is not part of the recall, it is has already been corrected, and there is nothing further you need to do.
- If you have an affected model, turn off power to the fan until you receive the new light kit from us.
- For affected models, we will replace the light kit portion of your fan with a new one. Please contact us in the following ways to get a new light kit sent to you. Your shipment will include a new light kit and installation instructions. You will need to keep the glass portions of your light kit glass and use them in the replacement light kit.
- E-mail us at email@example.com with the following info: your fan model number, the quantity of the fans you own, and your complete shipping address (cannot be a PO box).
- If you do not have access to email, then you can call us at 1-866-326-2003 between 8 AM-4:30 PM CT. Please have your fan model number available.
- If you receive a replacement light kit, please dispose of the old light kit according to local trash disposal rules.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team toll-free at 866-326-2003 (Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time)
Hunter fan 52262 Brunswick 44” with 3 lights in white housing
Hunter fan 52263 Brunswick 44” with 3 lights in black (natural iron) housing
Hunter fan 54184 Brunswick 52” with 4 lights in white housing
Hunter fan 54185 Brunswick 52” with 4 lights in black (natural iron) housing
Hunter fan 54178 Brunswick 60” with 4 lights in white housing
Hunter fan 54179 Brunswick 60” with 4 lights in black (natural iron) housing