A Perfect Fit for Any Environment:
Indoor, Damp-rated & Wet-rated Fans
Each Hunter Fan is designed for one of three environments – a dry indoor room, a covered outdoor area or room that may be exposed to dampness, or an outdoor space that gets direct contact with water. Fans that could be exposed to moisture feature rust-resistant stainless steel hardware and blades made with materials that resist the elements. All metal components are specially treated to withstand sun and moisture exposure so you can enjoy your Hunter Fan for years to come.
- Indoor Fans: An indoor fan is your go-to for a living room or bedroom.
- Damp-rated Fans: These fans can be placed in a bathroom or any covered outdoor space that is not directly exposed to water.
- Wet-rated Fans: Perfect for pergolas and gazebos, wet-rated fans are designed to withstand exposure to water in an outdoor space.
Exposed or Covered: That's the Difference
Damp rated fans are designed for use in damp locations but not exposed directly to any water. Common locations include covered porches, kitchens, bathrooms, or laundry rooms. Wet rated fans are designed to withstand exposure to water in outdoor locations such as pergolas and gazebos.
Focus on the Features
Damp and wet-rated fans have several features that allow them to be used in either covered (damp-rated) or unprotected (exposed to water) outdoor spaces.
- The fan blades are made from materials that withstand the elements and will not droop.
- The hardware is rust-resistant stainless steel.
- All the metal components are treated to withstand sun and moisture exposure.
Hunter offers both damp and wet rated fans. Find them here: Hunter Damp and Wet-Rated Fans