Not all Hunter fans can be installed without a light kit. Review your installation manual to determine if your Hunter fan can be installed without its light kit. If your fan can be installed without the light kit, a switch housing cap will be inside the original Hunter box.
To see pictorial detailed instructions, simply click on one of the links below.
- First, turn off the power to your fan at the circuit breaker in your outlet box.
- Disassemble the light kit from the ceiling fan by removing the two light kit screws.
- Disconnect the blue wire and the white wire connecting the light kit and the switch housing.
- Install dummy terminal to end of each of the two wires in the switch housing.
- Tuck the remaining wires into the switch housing.
- Install the switch housing cap using a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Turn your power back on.
* *If you have trouble installing your ceiling fan without a light kit, consult a professional or certified electrician.