When installing a ceiling fan on an angled ceiling, it is important to be sure you determine the angle of your ceiling. An angle of 34° or more requires you to use an Angled Mounting Kit when installing your fan. To calculate the angle, you will need to do a few calculations:
1. Measure from the top of the wall to the highest point in the room. This is the RISE.
2. To get the RUN, measure from the wall to the point directly under the highest point in the ceiling.
3. Convert measurements to equivalent units (i.e. all inches, all feet, etc.)
4. Divide the RISE by the RUN.
5. Find the angle of your ceiling:
A. Use the inverse Tangent function of a Scientific calculator to get the actual angle measurement. (NOTE: The calculator should be set to the degree function mode to get a proper answer).
B. Use an angle conversion table to find the angle.