The answer here depends on how your wall switch is currently wired. If you have a single wall switch with two wires (one black, one white), the answer is "no" unless you purchase a control specifically designed for this type of switch (Hunter offers three models). The answer is "yes" if you have a three wire set-up in the single wall switch and purchase a more common, dual control that will operate a fan and light separately from a single switch. Having an electrician install a third wire can be expensive.
Articles in this section
- My Hunter handheld remote accidentally became unpaired when I was installing the battery.. How do I correct?
- Can I use Hunter fan controls (remote or wall control) with an existing wall dimmer switch?
- How do I install a ceiling fan remote control?
- How do I install more than one remote-controlled fan in the same house?
- Can a ceiling fan and a light kit be controlled from the same wall switch?
- Which controls are compatible with my Casablanca pull-chain fan?
- How do I toggle between light dimming and non-dimming on a remote control?
- How do I toggle between dimming and non-dimming feature on my Casablanca fan control?
- How do I pair a remote control on a 2 or 5 series Hunter Fan?
- How do I pair a Casablanca® Control for a Casablanca fan with a 5xxxx model number and a blue receiver??